3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Hartford, CT
Leo Tolstoy said, “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” If you’re like me, springtime inspires you to fling open the windows and clean out the cobwebs to get your home looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Hartford so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Do A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is a great time to ensure your home’s systems are running properly for the coming summer months. Homeowners in Hartford should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Run your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Replace your furnace and air conditioning filters to improve your HVAC system’s energy efficiency. Some HVAC companies offer this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your family safe. Replace the batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around doors and windows as well as kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Fix the caulking as you go. Put in window treatments, including plantation shutters, to increase the energy efficiency of your windows. Open and close every window to ensure that they can easily move.
2. Tackle The Dirt To See Your House Shine
If you want to see your house really sparkle, give it a deep clean. Begin by decluttering your rooms to open up the area. Then clean surfaces you don’t wipe down regularly such as floors, kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling fans. Wipe your kitchen and bathroom fixtures until they shine. Vacuum your furniture, and clean under and behind it as well.
Brighten your home by cleaning your windows. Wash your windows and screens to remove dirt and smudges. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can give your window blinds a lift with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Give Your Rooms a New Look By Redecorating
After your home is nice and clean, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate is to use what you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room an entirely new look. Or try shopping your home. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you already own between rooms. Add more color with paint, colorful accent pillows, and plants.
If you want to give your room a new look, then browse through our idea gallery for ideas and inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of stunning rooms and window treatments for every space in your home. Once you’ve decided on colors and the style you like, you can look for furniture, paint colors, and accessories.
An easy update for your rooms is to bring in window treatments that coordinate with your existing styles and freshen up your rooms. You can select from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters. We also offer shades and blinds.
Check Out More Design Tips
If you need even more ways to enhance your home, explore our design tips. And when you discover a look and window treatment that you love, give us a call at 860-266-5459 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will help you choose the best window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.